This forum contains adult content. Proceed at your own risk.
Photo

Attachment function gone?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tayaya

tayaya

possession and body swap lover

• Members

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

is the old attachment function gone?

I can still see some old picture i attached before. But i can't do new attachment.

Also i can't seem to link image into my post anymore.

Anyway to fix that for me? 

My story/manga blog : http://tayayapossess...n.blogspot.com 

#2 Chilla

Chilla

Member turned Admin

• Administrators

• PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

I've looked into this, and the settings are so that members can attach files to their posts in every sub forum, except for this one (About the Forum).

I don't see how allowing attachments in this sub forum can hurt, so I'm going to enable it here too.

Does your problem still persist?

Bayonetta, Vanquish, Virtua Fighter 5, etc. for PC - Petitioning Sega

(I would love to see this happen :) )

Can't access Exhentai? - Help Thread
Many of the links I post need to be copy-pasted into your browser's address bar.
I edit my posts rather often, mostly during the first ~30 minutes after I post them.
You can help me become a better admin and improve our forums by giving feedback, criticisms or suggestions to me, or by posting them here.
For corrections in my posts or stuff about the forums, please don't hesitate to PM me here or to send me an email (see my profile).
I encourage everyone to support the authors & artists who create content you like.

#3 Chilla4000

Chilla4000

• Members

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

Chilla here.

I am testing the attachment function for members with this account.

Attached File  Koala.jpg   314.46K   5 downloads

It seems to work fine, however the size limit is only 500 KB, which seems too little to me. I'm going to raise it to 10,000 KB (2,000 KB now), which should suffice.

If it's too large, please tell me, Brian, or Lashek, ok? :)

Edited by Chilla4000, 05 August 2013 - 09:02 PM.

#4 tayaya

tayaya

• Members

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

i see it now thanks

#5 Brian Xavier

Brian Xavier

Lord of Pocky

• Maintainer

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

Think Lashek said something about disabling attachments a while ago, tho it was more or less a traffic spike form something else being hosted here at xera. I don't mind attachments, pictures are wonderful. Although way to large things might get Lashek grumpy...

Plus I don't think I ever changed the settings after my great blunder, many things are still set to what they were out of the box.

--Brian Xavier Posted Image

#6 Chilla

Chilla

Member turned Admin

• Administrators

• PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

Think Lashek said something about disabling attachments a while ago, tho it was more or less a traffic spike form something else being hosted here at xera. I don't mind attachments, pictures are wonderful. Although way to large things might get Lashek grumpy...

Plus I don't think I ever changed the settings after my great blunder, many things are still set to what they were out of the box.

I was thinking about that: Only members can view/download attachments and from my experience, attachments don't get downloaded a whole lot, so I didn't think it would make much difference traffic-wise. I guess 2 MB might be a more reasonable limit, but to be honest I have no idea.  :pinch:

I think I probably overdid it. I'll change the limit to 2 MB.

If it is too high a limit, please don't hesitate to lower it.

Many of the links I post need to be copy-pasted into your browser's address bar.
I edit my posts rather often, mostly during the first ~30 minutes after I post them.
You can help me become a better admin and improve our forums by giving feedback, criticisms or suggestions to me, or by posting them here.
For corrections in my posts or stuff about the forums, please don't hesitate to PM me here or to send me an email (see my profile).
I encourage everyone to support the authors & artists who create content you like.

#7 tayaya

tayaya

• Members

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

Can you give specific group higher attachment? If so, why no give some group member that contribue a lot some space.
Smetime that link image thing don't works for me n some address.

Sent by ipad

#8 Lashek

Lashek

• Maintainer

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:11 AM

The max limit as set in php.ini for sites is 5MB or so. Attachments larger than 1MB in size get throttled to a reduced speed based on the number of downloaders, however, so I would not go above 5MB at maximum. Just a personal preference. :)

#9 Chilla

Chilla

Member turned Admin

• Administrators

• PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

Can you give specific group higher attachment? If so, why no give some group member that contribue a lot some space.
Smetime that link image thing don't works for me n some address.

I don't think this makes a lot of sense, because, as I understand it, the main concern is when too many people download large attachments, and not who can upload large attachments.

@Lashek

Thanks for the clarification.

I'll leave the limit at 2 MB for now, but you can post here or PM me and I can raise it to 5 MB max.

If that isn't large enough, you will have to use a file hosting service.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users